It’s that time of year again, and I could not be more excited. This is a drinking game that me and a couple of my buddies came up with a couple years ago that has pretty much become a required game anytime we’re boozing on Fri or Sat night during the Gopher hockey season. And I take great pleasure in sharing it with you.
What you need: At least 2 people and up to as many as you want, hard liquor or beer, a shot glass, and a TV with the Gopher hockey game on.
1. Figure out a way to decide the drafting order. In a snake style draft, each person participating picks a player from the Gophers. The number of rounds, or players each person drafts is up to (depending on how shit-canned you want to get.) You can also include the other team’s players too if you want more action.
2. Each time your player scores a goal, everyone except for you takes 1 shot or chugs 1 beer. If you want to play in the big boys league, you should add a time limit that each person has to finish their beer (1 minute) or take their shot.
3. Each time one of your players records an assist, everyone except for you takes 1/2 a shot or chugs 1/2 a beer.
4. There is no cancelling out of drinks. So if one of your players scores but one of your buddies players got the assist, you take 1/2 and he still takes 1. Don’t be a puss.
5. If the game looks like it is turning into a low scoring game, you should draft more players to increase the chances of someone having to drink, or you can increase the number of beers/shots a goal and assist are worth.
6. If one of your players gets an assist on another one of your players goals, everyone has to take an extra 1/2 shot or chug an extra 1/2 beer. So a goal and assist on the same goal would be 2 drinks (1 for the goal + 1/2 for the assist + 1/2 for the goal/assist combo). Although it’s pretty much impossible, if 3 of your players figure into the same goal (goal + 2 assists), everyone takes 3 drinks, and the kid who had those 3 players gets to dry hump the closest girl to him. If there are no girls at your lame party, then he gets to pick someone to dry hump the couch cushions while everyone else takes pictures.
The game is intended to be played on the side of the other drinking games you are playing, as you never know how much drinking each Gopher game has is store for the night.
Let’s get Rau-dy
Oh and buy this awesome Gopher hockey themed shirt here: Pucking Sports Online Store